View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 11:03 AM   #136
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
"Excuse me, Eodwine." A silver sleeved arm snaked around him, tugging him fraternally out of the way. Black covered legs with knee high boots (carefully cleaned before worn indoors) stepped into the room, past the lord of the hall.

Recognizing the voice and careless stride, Saeryn hurried to embrace her brother before changing tactics and pushing him hard into the doorway. The hood of his damp cloak fell back to reveal damp locks shading twinkling eyes. He caught her hands and kissed her on the forehead.

"What a welcome, sister. Did you miss me?" She glared, tugging away from big hands that had held but loosely.

"Excuse me, my lord Eodwine, Linduial, my brother and I need a private word." Eodwine looked at Degas with unreadable emotion in his eyes toward the irresponsible young man that had caused Saeryn so much anguish. Lin looked at him with quite another emotion. With a look to Saeryn, they left the room without question, hearing, but politely ignoring, the next comment from Degas.

"My lord Eodwine?" he imitated in falsetto. "Have you wed since I've been gone? And where is my dear lady Bethberry? I'd hoped to beg her hospitality and forgiveness for my truancy."

"Bethberry's gone and Eodwine's been lorded, given this hall, and is remodelling. Surely you noticed as you came barging in past him." Saeryn leaned upon the mantle, her quilt forgotten on the floor, with her arms crossed threateningly.

"Come sister of mine, do thaw. Your frosty ice queen approach has me shivering in my shoes. What have I done to warrant it?"

"You, brother dearest," she replied with a voice as cold as he claimed, "disappeared without word. You could have been anywhere. Anything could have happened. Where have you been?"

"Frolicking." he replied with a grin that made Saeryn groan. "Oh come now," he added, seeing the look on her face. "It was entirely innocent. I realized that I'd left some belongings at an Inn some day or so's ride away, so I went back for them."

He moved toward her, embracing her, and her tears burst forth.

"I am sorry that I said nothing... I did not think. But all is well now, no?" He patted her on the back, pushing her away to look into her eyes.

She sniffed and nodded.

"He'll not find you here, you know." She nodded again and beckoned for him to sit. In a few short moments, she had informed her twin of the many items of business that he had missed in his travels.

"Well that's quite good, then." he smiled. "Eodwine is a good friend. I shall have to thank him for his protection of you, and apologize for so hastily brushing him aside. You know, sister, you could marry him and produce lovely little blond haired Eorlings to help you run the inn."

He ducked her swipe and jumped nimbly toward the door.

"Yes, yes, I know, dear girl. Have I not heard it all before? I'll be a content old maid until I die, so help me, and I'm not becoming some lord's wife to produce healthy heirs and naught else until I fade from memory." He winked at the glare she shot him. "I'm sure you'll make a wonderful wife to some lucky man eventually. But more likely, you'll thrive in your role here... you'll make a wonderful hostess for the new lord. Now fulfill your duties, if you will, and find me dry clothes and food."

"Do it yourself. I'll be in the kitchens." She stuck her tongue out at her brother, hugging him quickly as she ducked past him and out the door.