View Single Post
Old 03-10-2003, 03:02 PM   #42
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynė

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Alright, I read what Bethberry said and completely changed my character. Like I said, this is my first Rohan RPG. I hope you like her.

Name: Annanoldowen (which means Gift of Knowledge … right?)

Race: Elf from Rivendell

Age: about 4 and a half thousand years (is that realistic?)

Physical description (height, eye colour, hair colour, clothing etc): Stands very tall, about 6’, and is very slender. She has soft gray eyes, and long blonde hair. Annanoldowen is used to wearing the dresses of royalty of Rivendell. For traveling purposes she wears a dark gray riding dress and carries an elvish sword.

Background (childhood, motivation for coming on quest): Was educated well about the histories of Middle Earth, and is very wise among the elven race. She travels across Middle Earth at the will of her father to learn more about its peoples and relations. She has the standard skills of healing and tracking, just enough to survive. She was also taught in hand to hand combat incase she needed to defend herself when there was no access to any weapons. When her father left for the undying lands, and Annanoldowen was given the choice, she decided to stay in Middle Earth instead of going with him, because she felt that the people in Middle Earth could benefit from her knowledge. Her family was disappointed, but she was resolved. The elf stayed in Rivendell, which was all but deserted, studying the ways of her people in ancient times. Annanoldowen was beckoned by King Elessar to help educate scholars in the ways of the elves. She became a good companion of the king and his wife, Arwen Undomiel, an old friend. She carries a sword with the words: Annanoldowen, daughter of Rivendell inscribed on the blade in elvish and silver vines entwine the hilt. She doesn’t use a bow, because it is too awkward to carry on her journeys, and she is not so good at it, anyways. She was visiting an old friend, Gyrid, in Calembel, whom she had known while in Elessar’s service. Gyrid was asked to attend the Council held by Laurel, and she suggested that Annanoldowen attend as well, for her knowledge could be of great importance.

Any special features: Wears a silver feather pendant on a leather string around her neck.

Also, are there any books besides The Lord of the Rings I should read to help enhance my own knowledge during this RPG. I sort of set myself up, giving Annanoldowen so much wisdom. I’m going to finish the Silmarilion this week for sure. Should I read anything else? Are there any historical events that should coincide with this RPG that I should know about? I hope I’m not too juvenile for this. I promise I’ll do my best.

Thank you,
Maikafanawen