View Single Post
Old 10-14-2003, 01:02 AM   #95
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Avanill

Avanill leaned against a nearby wall. The candlelight flickering over the body of Vanwe and his own face frowning as he stood deep in thought. He knew well what profit his mother had made form Naiore during the days when Mordor had risin, she had become a very wealthy woman, still he knew what an elf like Naiore could do to him should he not be able to get her what she wanted.

On the other hand, the promise that Barrold had made him was too good to pass up.
Then again, he could be taking me for a ride.he thought before turning once more to Barrold and breathed a heavy sigh.

"Couldn't you at least give her a blanket or something!" he said looking once more at Vanwe. "Its cold tonight, and I know if I were thrown down here by you, id be cold as well. Now Barrold I know kidnapping and holding hostages isnt my profession either, but at least be civil!" Barrold just laughed at him. "She'll be right lad, wont feel a thing!"

"Still..." muttered Avanill taking from his bag a spare cloak and wrapping it around the elf. "Nice girl that one, you should be nicer to your hostages Ferney! Even if they are Naiore's." He stood tall once again and looked Barrold sharply in the eye.

"What makes you think I want land, protection taxes... anyway, how do i know you are telling the truth?" he questioned. "Simple lad, some extra income may make you wealthy enough buy a town like the one your mother lives in, make yourself mayor, You could pay bail on all you criminal friends, become the most successful trader in Middle Earth, maybe even... you could go into becoming a proper merchant, if it suits you."

Barrold had a good point, there were many old friends, bandits, from the old days of Pinnath Gelin that he would like to see out of the prisions and workig for him. And if he helped Barrold this once, he may be able to enterprise into running his trade from all over Arda at once. After all if Barrold was going to double-cross him, he could always kill him, simple as that.

"All right Ferney, ill help you, previded that if anything goes ill, 'tis on your head." Barrold seemed relieved, Avanill felt that he may have gotten into something deeper than he had intended.

"Where is our elf friend Nairoe hiding anyway?"

[ October 14, 2003: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~