View Single Post
Old 05-21-2003, 02:59 PM   #146
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Nuru laughed as Rie embraced her and gave her a hearty hug back. It had been so long since they had last seen each other... to think that Rie would be here in Gondor, not to mention The Seventh Star, at the very same time as herself! It was too good to be true, and Nuru was wise enough to know that this was not to be called luck.

Hearing Rie's comment about how well she always looked, Nuru grinned a bit ashamedly. That was luck. "I suppose you've never seen me looking as I usually do," said she. Making sure no one was watching, she moved aside her dark travelling cloak a little so Rie could see the streaks of mud on her white dress. Rie looked a little surprised, but then laughed and questioned Nuru as to watch she had been doing lately, and whether or not she had seen Talomi.

"No, I haven't seen him, more's the pity," said Nuru. "Of course this is just a guess, but it is possible Firramer has invited him to stay with him in Rohan for awhile. They do seem like good friends."

"Yes," said Rie. "They do."

"Have you heard anything from Eohsecg recently?" A mischievous light came into the Elf's eyes. Rie blushed and looked downwards. Nuru knew well that Eohsecg and Rie were good friends, at that at least the former had a stronger feeling than friendship.

A hobbit approached a little shyly, maybe a little worried that Rie and Nuru would be annoyed that their talking was broken up. She extended her hand and said in a polite tone, smiling pleasantly, “Hello. I’m Poppy Took, I don’t think we’ve met before.”

"Greetings, Miss Took," said Nuru, taking the hand and shaking it. "A hobbit, by your names and even more by your looks." She smiled and gave a little nod of her head, her way of greeting when she was sitting. "Indeed, it does surprise me to see a hobbit here, so far from their own country. Tell me, Miss Took, what brings you to Gondor?"