View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 12:46 PM   #165
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
I also thought perhaps we could meet Mishka and Seph's character as we reach the Shire, perhaps they could be friends and perhaps Rudy knows one of you. He could persuade us to bring them along, seeing as we have so many females, maybe Rudy would like more male company? If not we can have them or just one follow us, I am pretty much up for anything.
We'll see what me and mainly Sephiroth think of. Personally, I can imagine our characters even following the company for some time in secret.

I'd prefer not knowing anyone of the other characters, concerning myself, but maybe if Seph's character was that cousin or something, he could follow the company for some time and then curious Mishka will join him.

Or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor
I don't know how interesting we want to make Sephiroth's character, but...he could be a burglar on the run from the shirrifs, making for the border; our traveling party could agree to shelter him, and pass him off as one of our friends from Buckland. In addition to being a very different way of bringing a new character into the gang, having a burglar in our midst would also be a good nod to The Hobbit.
Well, I'd be indeed rather careful with any hobbit criminals (that's just very strange, given what we know about them). But it's not a bad idea, just needs to be handled with care. Anyway, if the criminal was to join, I'd say his joining together with Mishka would make more sense... Mishka is sort of naivistic, so if he persuaded him, he could take him with trust and they'll both join the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Don't worry, we're not all intellectuals who study dead languages...
That was just professional deformation But thank you

P.S. I just learned that Sephiroth can also mean just "numbers" in the plain sense
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories