View Single Post
Old 12-05-2001, 04:09 AM   #9
chibi shinigami

Sting

Right. I've had enough of everyone badmouthing the Bakshi version!<P>I know it didn't seem finished, but there was a reason! Money. As in, "not enough". They were meant to put "Part 1" on the opening titles, but the studios have enough confidence in it to let him go ahead with the second part. Money ran out, Bakshi got screwed.<P>I think it was very brave of them to use that animation style. Its dark and creepy in places, just like the book. The character designs were very good and most of the animation was fluid and expressive. I mean, do you see Disney giving their characters that range of facial expressions? Didn't think so...<P>Besides, guess what the alternitive to a Bakshi version was? Disney. Yup. Can you imagine it? An all singing, all dancing LotR. Not even songs from the books either! No, they'd be Disney songs. (can you tell I'm not a big fan of Disney?) <P>I'd like Bakshi to do the second part actually. Now he'll have more animation techniques to choose from, more money and the hype of the actual movie to fall back on. If people love the movie, they might want to watch someone elses interpretation, right?<P>As for RotK, where on Earth did you find it? I expect you can only get it in America...Ah well. I live in the UK, so we get the bad end of the deal with most video releases. If anybody has a spare copy... wanna lend me it? LOL!<P>Sorry that was so long... just had to rant in support of Bakshi!