View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 07:46 PM   #141
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

Sharon, I got curious-- you're right, the originals are Nosebleed-altitude-expensive... but--check this out. If this means what I think it does, then would this do?

Quote:
UP FOR BIDS HERE IS THE ANNOTATED EDITION OF THE HOBBIT -COPYRIGHT 1988. THIS COMPREHENSIVE HARDCOVER BOOK CONTAINS MANY OF TOLKIEN'S PERSONAL ILLUSTRATIONS AND MANY OTHERS FROM FOREIGN EDITION INTERPRETATIONS. AN APPENDIX DETAILS ALL OF TOLKIEN'S REVISIONS ALSO. BLACK AND WHITE PICTURES. 337 PAGES. TEXT BOOK SIZE BOOK MEASURES 11"x8.5". NEVER READ AND IN MINT CONDITION. A GREAT INTRODUCTION AND WONDERFUL STORY WHICH PREDATES THE LORD OF THE RINGS. GREAT FOR GENERAL READERS, FANS OF CHILDRENS LITERATURE, FANTASY MINDS, AND TOLKIEN LOVERS. A TRUE CLASSIC.
Now, does anybody out there have this 1988 edition and if so, is the Original Riddle Game in it? Does The modern Annotated Hobbit also have the revisions? (mine's on order... til Feb?)

If this isn't the answer, then .... Mith, what would the rules be (legally speaking) for you scanning it or typing it in or something like that? Any copyright violations?

Sharon, maybe Mith will just have to throw an Original Riddle Game Party, or something like that. Hey, sounds good; Riddle Party at Mith's house. Er-- Mith-- did you say you were in middle latitudes? At the beach? In 80 degree weather??? Hmm, this could work!

Sharon, one last question-- where in HoME does it say that Bingo goes westward to live in a hut and then sails west?

By the way Sharon if you want more info about that auction, PM me. It's a lot more reasonable than a vintage auction.