View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 07:29 PM   #66
starkat
Wight

starkat has just left Hobbiton.
“Surefoot sounds like a wonderful mare," Gwenneth said. “I did not raise my horse from a foal, but we have been together since my father brought her home.”

Thinking back to the day her father brought Elenath home she continued, “Elenath, my mare, is five now. I first saw her when she was two years old. My father had made a journey to Rohan and when he returned he brought back three horses. He gave me first pick of the horses. I went out into the pasture amongst them and Elenath came directly up to me and wanted to play.”

Giggling at the memories of her first days with her horse, Gwenneth smiled. “You might say that Elenath chose me. We were together from that day on. She will not let anyone else on her back but me.”

“My father let me name her and because of her night-dark coat with a small sprinkling of white hairs, I named her Elenath or stars.” Smiling again at Peony, Gwenneth asked, “What does Surefoot look like?”
"Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight, At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more, ... And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again. ~ The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe Narnia Movie Info