View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 01:44 PM   #386
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Everyone seems to think I was flip-flopping on mormegil last night when I said I'd do the analysis. All I said was that I wasn't quite as sure of my suspicions then as I was before. I did not say that morm was innocent and I never have. I simply decided to reconsider my suspicions and take another look at mormegil.

I also did not say that Volo was innocent either, just that morm never gave sufficient reason for his suspicion of him. As for what he's lately described as evidence:
-He doesn't give any reason why Volo out of those who didn't vote Nerwen is suspicious. All he said in that post with regards to Volo was something like "these people didn't vote for Nerwen, and Volo, [B]Menel[/], etc. are the most suspicious." No reason is given as to why said people were suspicious in that post (#175).

-The connection to Greenie: She suspected him and didn't give a reason, and thus it could be a wolf-on-wolf vote. OK, that could be evidence against Volo, but morm was engaging in the same thing as Greenie here, meaning that if her action is wolfish, so is his.

-The statement in Post 352 is something I've mentioned already, and only shows that Volo, wolf or not, doesn't want people to think of me as a wolf. It doesn't mean that he's a wolf, though.

OK, once again, I am not trying to say that Volo is innocent and should be trusted. All I'm saying is that morm's suspicion of him was not well-founded. In fact, he doesn't mention anything specific until Day 3. (Post 175, as I said, does not actually give a reason for why Volo is any more suspicious than the rest who didn't vote for Nerwen.