View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 02:11 PM   #392
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
A long defencive post from the beginning of Day3 to post #371 because I don't find any good points about me, sorry. It holds nearly all posts that include my name, missing only a part of Farael’s post and Mac’s vote – I think. I will cross-post with everything since #371.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel View Post
Finally, and this has nothing to do with A Little Green, I observe that Valier and Legate were the two choices for wolf kills. They were also the main suspects of Volo on Day 1. This suggests either a frame attempt or a double bluff, and with suspicions raised yesterday I'd tend to doubt the double-bluff. I suggest looking at Volo's main opponents at this point, plus a little pressure ought to be put on morm.
Why would have I killed my main suspects of Day1 were I a Wolf? Valier would have been a good Day2 lynch. Legate I trusted fully on Day2, why would I have killed a supporter like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn View Post
Okay, I suspected Green because she was too careful, and indeed she was...classic newbie behaviour. That's why her quote about Volo gets to me. She says he's troubling her, but she's not sure because it's more of a gut feeling. Then she says she'd be willing to vote for him to prevent a double-lynch. She does, though in an effort to save herself. It could've easily been a wolf-on-wolf vote.
Like I’ve said there was no effort at all in Lily’s vote, she was already dead by then and knew that I wouldn’t be lynched. She could have voted anybody at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migh View Post
Thanks Volo, the list is quite useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Menel, a nice find about those getting killed being Volo's main suspects. I'd like to mention though that I wouldn't be much surprised to see him trying double bluff. But I'm also a bit surprised how little time it took you to notice whose suspects the kills were.
Quote:
Aganzir, I read Volo's posts in order to do an analysis of him that I posted yesterDay. That bit about his supects was one of the first things I noticed about him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Lily and Volo

She asks him twice to explain a point, which is suspicious. If he was innocent, wouldn't she rather have tried to put Volo's unclear statements in a bad light instead of urging him to explain? There's also:
"Volo is suspicious, but I'd be reluctant to vote for him because I don't have valid arguments against him."
Her late vote means nothing.

Volo, on the other hand, seems to be more serious with his suspicions against Lily. He didn't mention her on day one and then pursued her on day two. He gives her the almost deciding 4th vote. If a wolf tried to actively kill Lily, then Volo fits the description.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
The other Lily-voters look good too.
I disagree and point out the convenience of this statement.
1. A Wolf may PM during the Night, and they frequently do so. It is a great chance to tell fellow Wolves how to play in certain situations. Did she have valid arguments for anybody else I wonder?
2. Why would a Wolf pursue a fellow Wolf already on Day2 and kill her when she is quite safe and excited about the game?

Quote:
Well, I've decided to look at the Volo-voters. It was a pretty short list, including only Shasta and... our good friend mormegil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morm View Post
Brinn has made the most sense to me. I think she is on to something honestly and I've had a bad feeling about Volo and Menel...but to be fair I still do about Lommy.
Quote:
Even if you suggested a Menel/Volo double lynch I would say that is foolish at this stage.
I totally agree, by the way. I’m pretty easy with Menel also at this moment.

Quote:
Then there's the matter of what could be an attempt to frame Volo. Again, you seem to be a likely candidate for that.
Quote:
I just read all of A Little Green's posts again and I must say that it is interesting how much she talked about Lommy and Volo but didn't ever really bring anything up of any substance against them. It's the classic wolf accusing wolf but not really knowing why but making sure to mention them so that when one is lynched it doesn't look so obvious. The usual pattern, as a wolf, is to 'suspect' one of your fellows but not to a point to actually get them lynched and keep one in the innocent category along with others.

My guess is that one of the two is guilty. She spoke more about Lommy and less about Volo but when her fate was sealed she voted Volo, which is telling in my opinion. Again, I feel less inclined to Lommy's guilt and more to Volo's.
We both know her from RL and would want to help her with her first game. I still don’t see what her vote for me has to do with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
Bah.

Of the following pairs, I feel about 75% sure that one of each is a wolf.

Mormegil and.... ugh, this is what I get for not taking notes. ><

Volo's there somewhere, and I think Brinniel might be.

Haha, I'm not very good at this.

Oh! The other was Lommy.

So it's:

Mormegil or Lommy

and

Volo or Brinniel

Of these, I'm leaning more towards Mormegil and Volo. I'm really not great at explaining, though, as has been mentioned by Brinniel and Menel. I am trying though. The last run of our play was tonight, so I should have some more time to read things.
Would you please give reasons. Yes, and I dare to ask for reasons now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally View Post
Volo: says at some point that the wolves most likely would try to frame Morm with the killing of Val. one of those "if volo's a wolf, morm is too" kind of things. other than that I base my hunch off a lot of the other posts here. in short, volo takes off on a one-post suspicion of me because of how I have suspected Morm (also my general disposition throughout the game, but I believe it to be more about Morm) and seems overall too protective of him.
I have been protective of morm??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally View Post
Quick summary, then. If I had to vote for three people, they would be:

Morm
Farael
Volo

in that order.
Brinniel's whole post #329.
I have already answers a similar thing. And anyway, what kind of reasoning is that, the ones who vote for the Wolves are probably also Wolves? Wolves win by voting Innocents, not their partners. :/

Brinn's whole post #330.
That’s more about Menel and here I actually agree with Brinn at places. The problem is that you look like grasping at straws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn View Post
At this point, it looks like I'll probably be voting Menel or Volo unless something comes up that makes me change my mind. Sally is very very confusing...perhaps she's off the wall from lack of sleep, I don't know. But I still think that if she is a wolf, it's a very risky game she's playing here. I'd rather not lynch her toDay though; I'm just too uncertain about her right now and more confident about my other suspects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Quote:
The other Lily-voters look good too.
I disagree. Jumping in a bandwagon that ends up killing a wolf doesn't mean anything. And what about those who voted so late it didn't matter anymore if they voted Greenie or someone else?
Yes, I agree. I thought they looked good because of different reasons, not their votes.

Aganzir's post #349.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
About Menel I can't form a clear idea. He at the same time stays with the flow and tosses in wild conspiracy theories. I don't like either of these a lot. He does manage to make his words look more Innocent than Wolf.
This is great! As I think Volo is a wolf this helps clarify that Menel is too. It's the approach I've spoken about where Volo gets done giving his list of suspects and finds fault in many...mostly innocents...but has to include at least one wolf in his talk but he finds him suspicious but probably innocent...classic werewolf tactic and it's a mess up in my mind.
Now this is a good thing to say for a Wolf. If Volo isn’t a Wolf, Menel probably isn’t either. Your gut feelings are non better.

Kuru's post #355.

Menel's post #356.Although this is a bit wierdly formed post, I think it will show much about Menel if we know what morm is.

Quote:
Suspicious(-ish)

Volo (felt fishy since day one. His interaction with Lily is suspicious)
Quote:
I'm not happy with the current lynch options. Not. at. all. I still have time for a second, better look at Sally, morm, and Menel, but if I don't find anything I rather feel like adding Volo or the Might, probably Volo, since he's suspected more by others.
Quote:
I just got done reading Menel's last post and I must say it looks like he's grasping at straws here. One of his 'evidences' is that I suspect Fea on day 1. I always suspect Fea and Kath...both have said as much and know why...yet again Menel you should really read more than a few posts to draw conclusions. On day two I explained my vote for Volo was my gut. I didn't have a lot of time to read and reread everything and wouldn't be around longer so I made a vote.

I for one am more convinced that Menel is a wolf. Volo might be innocent and Menel is leveraging my suspicion against him to 'prove' his innocence, though I suggest we continue to look at Volo as I think many good and valid points are brought against him. But the way Menel treats him it feels difficult to believe that a wolf would talk about the other in such a way.
If Menel is found Innocent and morm’s still around, I’d lynch him straight away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru View Post
Tell you what, I'm more than open to being persuaded to vote for Volo or Menel (who I admit is getting rather worrying).
Morm's post #369.This is an alarming post to me. Morm has been suspecting me the whole long time just because of his gut?? And only a while ago when he was asked to why he suspected me he told something about his suspicion – and that was stuff other players said before him. In the end he changes the topic away from why he suspects me to Kuru being suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
Morm, I do agree with you about Volo, but it seems a bit strange that you immediately call wolf on Kuru as soon as he begins speaking out against you. Care to explain that?
Exactly!

Quote:
Second, and it's something I have tried to work on but fail on occasion, when people suspect me for what I think to be flawed reasons I tend to suspect them.
Well, I don’t see many valid points about me…

++mormegil

Last edited by Volo; 12-04-2007 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Edited the pipe away from the title as it got there by mistake and it looks ugly.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote