View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #403
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Thumbs up And now something from a visitor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Anyway, it's less than 24 hours since they left, and I miss them already (and you too, Brinn).
Tell me about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Thankfully Agan already made a summary of what we did so I'm spared of that bother.
Indeed Not that there won't be a lot to say about that, but I think you people got a general picture from it. Anyway, from my point of view, I can tell you that not only that Finland is the promised land of Downers, given the numbers in which they dwell there, but also these Downers are very nice people to meet and one week is not enough to spend with them. All of them.

Quote:
Rune, as Agan already mentioned, has a fantastic sense of humour. He had a habit of making fun of everyone (though never in a mean way), but he is actually very affectionate and caring.
Exactly. I could mention here that Rune actually surprised me with his openness and friendly manner, to be honest, before I met him, I was maybe a little afraid imagining him as possibly a kind of grumpy person. This was absolutely unnecessary and unreasoned idea and I am not even sure where I got this stupid assumption. So, now that I have completely ruined Rune's chances to create air of scariness around his person, I can only salute him, as he provided our week with some of his personality's "spice" which made it even more enjoyable.

Now about the others whom I met during the week (and the number of Downers I met had just increased sevenfold!). Greenie, whom I didn't actually know well from the Downs, turned to be a very nice and amusing girl, her and Volo both being far more talkative than I expected them to be; and Volo is a really friendly fellow with very original thinking. Aganzir is a true personality, as one would expect, and also very intelligent, helpful and cheerful (although sometimes maybe too much ). If anyone wondered whether Lommy is as nice and kind and clever and funny as she seems around here, I can tell you well that she is. Also Nogrod is truly as intelligent and funny person as he seems from here; he also was the one who from the largest part provided us with such unnecessary support things like food, transport and accomodation (of course besides of Volo's house) while us crazy people were fighting or doing other silly things (although many of the silliest [sic!] ideas, like the recordings, came from his mind).
I am mentioning the people's good sides, of course, don't think there won't be any bad sides of them which I wouldn't have spotted. I had whole week for that. This is also why I am writing about their good sides... you know, it's easier to point out the things which are not too many...

Quote:
I met Spawn only briefly (which was indeed a pity), but she seems like a very lovely person and I'd like to meet her again some day.
True; we didn't really have much time to know each other better - my chances of meeting her again are somewhat lesser than the other Finnish Downers', but anyway, meeting her as a fellow Downer is something that definitely counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Apparently whenever Downers are placed into the Finnish woods, they turn primitive...
Yes, I think it's been scientifically proved that such things happen. In 89% of cases a Downer in a Finnish forest loses 50-60% of his sanity in two to three days. It remains yet to be verified whether this affects also normal people, turning them into Downers. The large numbers of Downers in Finland (in comparison to its population) support this theory.

I guess this was a long rant, but you know, it was a week...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote