View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #109
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. Page1 – some thoughts…

The American opening was fun but quite an unrewarding read. Mainly banter and only a few oddballs one could interpret any possible way (a baddie trying to look like posting as innocent, a goodie slipping her/his position; a goodie trying to be helpful, a baddie trying to look like being helpful, a goodie having fun, a baddie gambling etc.).

Something in Mnemo’s way of talking bothers me even if I can’t quite pinpoint it. It's about the picking of the subjects or POVs or something. I need to look at her posting closer as I get there. She’s clearly intelligent but I’m a bit concerned about her loyalties. Anyway I wouldn’t like to lose a bright innocent early on unless we really have some grounds of suspicion. There should be better candidates toDay.

And tp then? Let’s leave him to the baddies to decide. If he keeps living Day after Day we’ll lynch him. He’s good to have around if he’s a goodie so let’s not rush with him.

Sally looks like she always looks. Sadly she does that also when she’s a baddie. So nothing to say on her but the usual uneasiness.

Brinn comes in and posts – nothing of any special interest; a short banter, a few reasonable points about the general mechanics of the game, slight whining that it’s late and her brain doesn’t work… Perfectly innocent sounding and therefore all alarms should be on as it’s Brinn!

Eomer looks cryptic but speaks sense. I see nothing alarming in Nerwen right now either although I might protest about the low input, but then again there's her timezone… But surely she should be more verbiose when she comes in the next time.

Then Kath’s post is just downright terrible. I could consider voting her just on principle for that. I do understand there was little to say at that time of the Day but I’m more concerned with the way she presents her decision (and as Eomer correctly notes – it is not random but it is a choice whatever Kath tries to say). Her reason for voting Nerwen is “because she was the last person to post before me”. After that she goes on to “add some thoughts in even though there's nothing to go on” and makes a comment on everyone who had posted before her – also making points like “definitely evil” (Sally) or “I think innocent, therefore guilty” (Brinn).

Now when one is innocent – and especially when one is forced to vote early as an innocent – one should really feel the burden of one’s choice and think about it carefully (early votes generate bandwagons later on quite easily). But Kath proclaims it’s random and then still feels the need to add all those added thoughts on people which include more suspicion her vote stands with… So she feels a need to underline the randomness of her vote? If she's innocent that's irresponsible behaviour - and if not, then the sooner we lynch her the better.

These are feelings & thoughts based on the first page. I will read forwards...

EDIT: x'd with Mnemo - point taken, sorry to have read you incorrectly. Your answer makes sense.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote