View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 11:44 AM   #1265
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Tolkien Meeting Pitchwife

Indeed, as said, I have recently journeyed to Pitch's abode, only to discover it resembles Beorn's house rather than Tom Bombadil's. Being properly introduced to the entire household consisted of meeting dogs both big and small, sheep (including one fellow with impressive horns), chicken, ducks and eventually also the lady of the house. The most prominent denizens were, however, still the dogs, of which there were ten at first (if I am counting right) and that got reduced to "mere" eight during my visit because of two puppies finding new home.

The presence of the furry friends made the place feel very lively, but also welcoming. Pitch now talked about them as Werewolves, but I am not sure - at least one might have been a Seer given how he kept always staring at me with obvious intent to establish a telephatic connection. Among the rest of the pack, there was a lovely lady who always demanded attention whenever I sat down by gently scratching me from under the table, and if I didn't respond by petting her, she started to growl. They were all lovely however, and the whole weekend was also concluded for me with a spectacular walk outdoors with the entire pack.

Aside from the household and its hospitality (I should remark on the host's quality cooking, plus he also took me to one nice local restaurant), Pitch also treated me with a couple of trips, despite the weather's plot against us. We delved into the ancient history of nearby cities and before that we braved the Stairs to Cirith Ungol and the Gates of Mördör, culminating with passing the Bridge of Khazad-dum, in a slightly non-chronological way.

In any case, it was a lovely experience and I hope to repeat the visit in the future. I can only recommend that you all make time for a proper "Pitchmoot" where we can all meet in that wonderful place with wonderful hosts and animal companions.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote