View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 06:01 AM   #46
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andsigil View Post
I'm not a big fan of Tom Cruise, but in the interest of fairness...

There was a big to-do about 15 years ago when it was announced that Tom Cruise was going to play Lestat in "An Interview with a Vampire". Goths everywhere were ready to sulk, paint their fingernails a darker shade of black, and write all sorts of bad, self-loathing poetry in anguished protest.

Then Anne Rice came out and said that, although she was initially horrified at the thought of Maverick playing Lestat, she had a chance to see some of the scenes and was pleasantly surprised enough to endorse him. When the film came out, he earned favorable reviews, generally along the lines of "I never thought, in a million years, that he could pull it off..."
I know but could anyone mess up playing a vampire? You are going to look quite cool even before you've started acting, aren't you? Though of course that film did possess some notable distractions for viewers of all sorts of tastes in the form of Christian Slater, Brad Pitt and Antonio Banderas

Though I did have my 'eat my words' moment with Mr Cruise - I sat down to watch War Of The Worlds thinking it would be yet another hatchet job of HG Wells and Cruise making you feel slightly creeped out as ever, and it was actually rather excellent and scared the pants off me!