View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 06:10 PM   #113
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
§37a (§20): I honestly have no recollection of what I objected to here, but I will review the section tonight or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findegil
§43a (§27): I corrected Dwarf-road. But from Shibboleth we learn that 'Amord' would have been the translation of Ambarto. And that is the name that Feanor gave to his son instade of Umbarto 'Fated' that Nerdanel gave. So Amrod is burned with the ships, while Amros lifed.
Right - so the one mentioned here, whose hunting ground is in eastern Beleriand, should be Amros, no? In the text I have it is Amrod, but he never entered Beleriand as he burned with the ships.

Quote:
RD-EX-81: Why? The warning perfectly fits the warning to Thingol. And how else would we think Melian could react?
Yes, I think I've changed my mind again and agree with you.

Quote:
Last sentence: I don't think we should change this. It is a forward reference. But that isnot uncommon.
I still think the sentence isn't fitting here. In the Lost Tales, this final sentence directly sets up the next tale, the Tale of Earendel, the "one strand" that the tale has wended to. With our ordering of the chapters, the tale has not in fact "wended to one strand" until the exiles of Gondolin reach the mouths of Sirion. So I'm fairly set on removing this sentence here. However, I would have no problem with transplanting it to the end of the Fall of Gondolin.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote