View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 10:34 AM   #348
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well well well...

I have to say the game was eventually a lot more even than I thought it would be - we conspirators had a really disoriented start (oopsie) and by the end of Day2 I was already like "woe is me we should have a scheme all along we're never going to win this if the village isn't lynching anyone and the herbalist is saving everyone" and that desperation on Day3 or 4 was completely genuine "I've been unmotivated to play because I feel my hands are tied" - but by that point I had chilled down a bit and wasn't feeling the game wasn't so unbalanced after all. I think you villagers also played remarkably well which probably contributed to my early game angst.

But yes, it was hard to be a conspirator on this one. Consider the fact we had only TWO successful kills in the whole game (and correct me if I'm wrong, that was even without the bard succeeding a single time) and we gave the village two (eventually three) known innocents which is a big advantage in a village this small, especially when the vote goes through a representative. There was never a chance one of us could've plausibly become the rep and it was not only because we failed to seem hyper innocent. Also, claiming Black Breath would have been a suicidal strategy so there was really nothing to do to stop the herbalist...

And yeah the no lynching really sucked. (I would have felt the same way as an ordo though tbh.) Maybe this is when I should apologise to Inzil for relentlessly trying to get him lynched all game? Sorry, but you were a very convenient target even though you didn't even do anything so suspicious!

Anyway, we did realise we had very little chance to outnumber the village by Day6, so we eventually settled on trying to bag the gifteds and win that way. Too bad getting people killed was quite hard in this game. I'd like to congratulate myself for pointing Kuru out to my fellows on Night3 (I was 90% sure he was gifted) and Shasta for insisting we kill Legate on Night5 and saying Lal and I could "beat him with brushes like a carpet" after the game if he wasn't the herbalist. *would add more smileys if I hadn't run out of the limit*

Lastly, you wanna know something hilarious? Our Night1 was pretty unorganized so I ended up sending an improvised kill to Sally so we wouldn't miss it. I felt bad for choosing to "cut someobody's game's short" before they even had the chance to post, but rules are rules, so I put the villagers' names into a randomizer and decided we should kill Lottie. Well, so much for feeling bad for cutting somebody's game short.............
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote