View Single Post
Old 07-19-2002, 12:16 AM   #244
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio sat as close as she could to the dolphin, placing her body in contact with Bird's. She had asked Kali to haul up sea water and keep the dolphin body wet. Looking Bird in the eye, she leaned near her and said softly, 'Listen to me, Bird, I'm going to call you back with some music from another life, some tunes from a Welshman.'

The elf cleared her throat, and sang in a clear, low voice the lyrics from 'La Peste', and then worked her way through 'Exile on Coldharbour Lane'. Over and over until dawn the words ran over the dolphin mixed with the water from Kali's bucket, until the radiant morning star peeked over the horizon.

Kali was very tired, and Pio's voice had turned gravelly, but on she sang, eyes half closed -

U don't dans 2 Tekno anymore!
I don't see you under the strobe light
on the dance floor.
It's been awhile, since I saw your ultraviolet smile,
And U don't dans 2 Tekno anymore . . .

'Enough!" came a thin voice, as the elf started the next verse. 'I thought I'd never hear enough of those lyrics, but by the One, Pio, I think you've driven all love of them straight out of me!'

Pio and Kali lay exhausted on the deck. 'And you're welcome, too!' said the elf with her eyes closed.

'Thanks! and all that!' came the welcome voice of Bird. 'But HEY!!! can anyone bring me a robe?

Getting no response from the sleeping forms on the deck, Bird wrapped a tarp around her and went downstairs to her cabin.

[ July 19, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]