View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 10:06 PM   #9
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Meneltarmacil's character

NAME: Adûnaic: Sakaladûn -- Elven: Thoronmir

RACE: Numenorean

WEAPONS: A long sword forged by master smiths, as well as a Númenórean steelbow, also has chainmail with a steel breastplate and helmet for use in war (Hey, it pays to have had the right connections at one point!)

APPEARANCE: Rather tall, has almost jet-black hair and dark blue eyes, wears mainly blue and white

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Strong-minded and very skeptical at this point. Believes in playing by the rules.

HISTORY: Born into an influential family in Romenna during Tar-Palantir's reign, Sakaladûn operated for quite a while as the king's emissary to the elves of Lindon under Gil-Galad, where he was given the elven name of Thoronmir. However, he was promptly removed from this position when Ar-Pharazôn came to power in 3255 and started to undo much of the unity between the two races that Tar-Palantir had built. Sakaladûn's life would not be completely ruined by this, as he later became an officer in Ar-Pharazôn's army in the colonies of Middle-Earth, where he eventually became one of the top commanders in the colonial forces. During this time, he married Firiel, a woman from Pelargir, eventually having a son and two daughters.

Sakaladûn was appointed to Ar-Pharazôn's ruling council in 3262 due to his aid in overthrowing Sauron. Sakaladûn, however, was not pleased with the king's decision to take Sauron back to Numenor as a prisoner, believing that the Dark Lord should have been destroyed rather than kept alive due to his evil and corruptive nature. Ar-Pharazôn, however, ignored Sakaladûn's recommendation. During the years of Sauron's captivity in Numenor, Sakaladûn's suspicion continued to rise, and he spoke in secret with Elendil about the strange patterns he had noticed in the Council. Sakaladûn opposed many of the changes in Numenor during the years he was on the council, though the majority of the coucil members never paid much attention to his "strange notions". He ran into the strongest opposition from Herugor, the second most powerful man in Numenor and the one he suspected had been learning all kinds of evil things from Sauron. After Sakaladûn flat out refused to have anything to do with an assault on Valinor, first proposed in 3299 and actually started eleven years later, Herugor, probably following instructions from Sauron, made up a number of false accusations about Sakaladûn forming a conspiracy and taking the throne for himself. Herugor then presented these charges before the king, who fired Sakaladûn from his post and had him arrested. Sakaladûn, however, went into hiding and was never found. He now lives among the Faithful, where he goes by the name of Thoronmir full-time. His wife and children have been sent to Lindon, the safest place there is for those of the Faithful at this time, while Sakaladûn/Thoronmir is still in Numenor aiding the Faithful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meneltarmacil's post

Thoronmir let the arrow fly, and the deer fell to the ground. He was about to walk over to it when three riders on black horses rode up.

"Well, well, if it isn't Sakaladûn," said their leader, getting off his horse. "Finally found you, eh? The King's been looking for you for quite a while now."

Thoronmir, formerly known as Sakaladûn, answered him. "I stopped listening to that man when he started going mad. If you want me to come with you, you'll have to force me."

The man laughed and reached for a weapon. Thoronmir reacted faster, leaping up onto the leader's horse and kicking it hard. The black stallion rode off at full speed. The other two riders drew their spears and pursued Thoronmir as he fled, but Thoronmir managed to lose them in the forest.

Thoronmir rode into the hiding place of the Faithful that was nearby. He was met at the entrance by one of their guards.

"Thoronmir, I'm glad you got back here. Where did you get the horse?" the guard asked curiously.

"I ran into some old friends from Armenelos who really wanted me to come back with them," the Thoronmir said. "I declined the offer and borrowed one of their horses to escape with."

The other man didn't smile a whole lot. "Good thing you escaped, because we're really going to need your help here." he said. "You see, there's been a problem. Mabalar has been taken captive and they said we need to act now..."

Last edited by piosenniel; 02-25-2005 at 03:21 AM.