View Single Post
Old 01-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #4
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essex
quick note - your quote above, Alatar, wins most Apt Quote of this group of movie sequenece by sequence threads we've been discussing. You hit the nail on the head with this one, completly eclipsing your last quote from Bill Pullman!!!!!!!!!
Thanks. It's amazing what you can find, and learn on the way there, and what persons have said.

Plus I try not to quote from the same material in consecutive threads, and so had to leave the additional Bill Pullman's ID quotes for another time.
  • "I'm a combat pilot, Will. I belong in the air."
  • "The only mistake I ever made was to appoint a sniveling little weasel like you Secretary of Defense. However, that is a mistake, I am happy to say, that I don't have to live with. Mr. Nimzicki... you're fired."

You can see the clear similarities between these quotes and those Gandalf from RotK:
  • Your fingers would remember their old strength better... if they grasped your sword.
  • Saruman! Your staff is broken!

It's clear that the screenwriters of ID were in the same literary class as our good professor.