View Single Post
Old 05-04-2002, 08:21 PM   #14
Lanniae of the Axe
Haunting Spirit

Lanniae of the Axe has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

In another post just a minute ago I'm praising Boromir, and yay! I get to do it again!<P>The acting at the end of the movie was awesome!<P>I've seen the movie 7 times already and still each time I get a sick feeling in my stomach every time Boromir dies. It's almost pathetic.<P>You FEEL it every time he gets hit. Every time. I know I for one, I do this little gasp kind of thing and I'll tense up with each arrow. I'll even lurch foward or something as though I'm being hit. It's scary and sad. The 2nd time I saw it was actually the worst because the 1st time I saw it I couldn't see ANYTHING I was crying so hard. <P>And his eyes TALK to you, much like Elijah Wood's Frodo's eyes. You know when actors look at the camera, or at someone else, and you KNOW what they are thinking?? Sean does that SO well. He is SPEAKING without actually having to TALK.<P>Sean Bean is an amazing actor, and should have gotten SOME sort of award(s). <P>"O Boromir! The tower of guard shall ever northward gaze<BR>To Rauros, gold Rauros-falls, until the end of days."<P>~ Lanniae the Axe<BR>Who would also like to know, even though Boromir is her favorite character, why Gimli doesn't get very much atention. Legolas, of course, only gets it cuz he's hot, and Aragorn cuz he's king, etc. What's everyone got against Gimli?! He rocks! But that's a whole other subject, stick to Boromir here, Lanniae.