View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 12:56 AM   #1502
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Thanks, Bethberry.

That's basically the gist of it. *points to link in signature for further detail* I wanted to try something bold for a good cause and received an amazing amount of support in the process...much of which came from fellow BDers (love you guys!). It took awhile to get used to my new look and feel confident about it in public, but thanks partially to the warm weather that allowed me to shed the hats and scarves, I finally found that confidence at the end of last week. Right now I couldn't more satisfied about my appearance...I'm surprised to discover I'm happier without the hair than I ever was with it. I guess you could call it a liberating experience. It'll almost be sad when it does grow back.

Two students at my college recently died of leukemia. I never met either of them, but I read their stories along with the stories of so many others, and it's a sobering reminder as to why I feel so strongly about this cause. It's awful to see the lives of so many cut short, especially children. I am proud to do what I can to change that. Compared to what they must go through, sacrificing my hair is nothing and I would do it again in a heartbeat.