Thread: Enough Bashing
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 10:56 AM   #3
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

The movies are excellent, yes. Much is kept the same from the stories and the entire cast and crew did a fabulous job of bringing MIddle-Earth to life on the big screen.

Some scenes are downright brilliant. Bilbo's birthday party, almost all of the Moria sequence, the Battle of Pelennor Fields, Eomer's appearance at Helm's Deep (not much from that battle except for Gandalf and Eomer coming), and the way the Frodo Sam friendship was brought out. And of course the way Gollum was brought to life.

And even though I love the movies, and I hate to say this, some things can't be forgotten or forgiven. The way Peter Jackson killed Saruman and Denethor and turning Faramir into a bad guy was not something I needed to see. He should have done it differently or cut it completely.

It's a hard thing to do, to make a movie that is based on such an epic, that is. I will admit I am no real fan of PJ, but I can respect what he did, even if I don't agree with how he did certain things. He deserves the praise, as do all the actors and crew, for taking on something so huge.