View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 11:37 PM   #45
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

(because it's annoying to type his/her him/herself and such all the time, I'll just refer to roles like EW and GW with masculine pronouns- don't read into it)
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
To make a long explanation short (and more simple than it really is), to figure the wizards out, all you have to do is think about what the two wizards fear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naria
Okay, I'll take a stab at this one Phantom. Would it be eachother?
Sort of, in the sense that a wizard challenge is the only thing that can kill them, but why should they fear death? They have to die. That's the way this works. So they don't fear death so much as the balance of the village at the time of their death.

The Evil Wizard wants to make lots of wolves. The Good Wizard wants to make lots of gifteds, but can only make a maximum of three. After Night 3, the EW adds to his den every night, but the GW does not. That means that the GW wants the wizard challenge to happen early in the game, therefore he does not fear the mass revelation of his identity. For all he cares, the EW can challenge him now.

And so, since he cannot be lynched, cannot be killed by wolves, and cannot be cursed by the EW, the Good Wizard fears NOTHING!

(other than it taking a long time to find the EW)

The Evil Wizard, on the other hand, does not want to be discovered any time remotely soon. Therefore he fears being lynched, fears being scried, fears being dreamed about by the Seer, and fears choosing the same villager at night as the GW. The Evil Wizard fears EVERYTHING!