View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 05:08 AM   #589
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I was gonna wait to write Heart till the halfway point before posting, but the newsfeed cat dragged in some videos again which I don't want to lose, and since I'm posting them, decided to post an update on Heart as well.
Sounds good! Ironically the one line I can't seem to find is the very first one - I either latch onto a too-early or too-late musical cue - but I'm sure I'll figure it out. My only musical note is that there was some point where the piano came in very loud, but on re-listening I can't even find it, so. ^_^

Quote:
As a side note, even though this song will technically be the end of Act 1, I will need to seriously revisit Doriath Duet before we finalize the musical... I also want to touch up Duel.
I'm completely happy for a full re-do of the Duet; the animation isn't too tricky on that one, and I still have all the files and everything. For the Duel, touching-up is fine, but like you say it would be good not to impact the animation. That fade in and out of the Valinor scene was a lot of work that I can't actually remember how I pulled off any more. ^_^

Quote:
Youtube studios near you present: Duel and Showdown, performed by the Zombieland-in-Gaurhoth group which we've seen in 2021 already but at a different venue. Somewhat amusingly, the guy who plays Beren is named Birin. Luthien sings very well. I am still not a fan of this high-pitched Sauron, or the Silmaril crown. I still find the zombie-control concept interesting but still ultimately disagree with it; Sauron capturing the Elves' souls or minds or wills doesn't sit right with the idea of their continuous resistance and defiance onto their deaths.
Oh fun! Yeah, not keen on the Silmaril crown. The zombies... yeah. I mean, it's certainly what Sauron would like to do with his prisoners, but the whole point of that part of the Lay is that he failed.

Quote:
Think I found that discussion in 309 and the next few posts.
Perfect! I think that list still holds up, though no doubt there will be changes (perhaps Thingol and Melian can be merged into a 'Melian finds Thingol's body' scene). I know basically how I want to do the final sail-away, and hope to use some of the same techniques when we reach "Truth".

Quote:
I am amused at how 2 years ago I used to think that we'd be done "a year from now" and that would be a long time. And also amused that I still occasionally plan the credits music while in the shower, and am still no closer to starting that part or even starting to seriously think about that part - too much real content to go through still.
We'll get there! How long did it take Tolkien to get past Balin's Tomb?

hS