View Single Post
Old 01-22-2003, 04:16 PM   #56
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Sting

I got a big kick out of these (guilty):
Quote:
you eat Lembas and other LOTR food for lunch.
you own more than one elven dress
you judge what to wear by.. would an elf wear this
I can add:
Things that you scoffed at owning or collecting just a year ago are slowly starting to accumulate on your shelves... "Bookmarks? Bookends? What would I want those for?" (blush)
You have more maps and illustrations printed out than you have room for on your office walls
You experiment with Lembas recipes looking for results that will really travel and keep well
You walk around your neighborhood wondering whether Frodo would enjoy it here
You wonder where Frodo would want to go hiking in your town if he did visit
You take up archery because it's elvish
You buy only jewelry that looks elvish
Anytime you walk into a store you only buy clothes that you think a hobbit or elf would wear
Your shopping buddy says, "I know, I know-- not elvish enough. But how about this? Isn't THIS elvish enough??"
You buy corderoy jackets and vests because they're almost like Frodo's velvet ones-- and you wear them to work with Capri leggings, sandals, and of course a ring on a necklace-- at least once a week
You start carrying apples in your (corderoy) jacket pockets because Merry would too
You start thinking of your Poland Springs water bottle as essential for travel through Mordor
You start collecting various editions of the trilogy for the cover art
Your best friend went to FOTR three times with you even though "the monsters were scary" because she knew that was all you really wanted to see
You've written enough fanfiction that people can't keep your various hobbits straight
Your spouse asks "What are you thinking?" and then when he sees your mischievous smile he says "Oh-- that. Nevermind."
Your spouse looks searchingly into your eyes and asks, "Can't we-- please-- talk about something else?"