View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #76
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I don't really understand why they are doing all that. It's useles, and a waste of their time. I'm sure that they're sure they can profit from it, but hasn't it been proven worthless?
There are some who advertise the same website or company again and again. I've Googled the ones who look like legitimate businesses and verified that the URLs matched what was in the spam links, then I've e-mailed the business complaining about the spam (though I haven't specifically named the Downs as a victim).
To date, I've received a response from one company. The respondent told me they'd had a problem with competitors spamming their website on forums to somehow drive down their rating on Google and other search engines. Not being all that knowledgeable about such things, I wasn't sure if I believed them or not.