View Single Post
Old 03-12-2004, 08:44 AM   #36
Witch_Queen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Witch_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch_Queen Send a message via MSN to Witch_Queen Send a message via Yahoo to Witch_Queen
Sarah watched as Grandpa Chubb attempted to shoot the vixen but only missed. Sarah felt bad when he fell into the bushes. She thought she heard a snicker from behind her but only turned to see May and Harold starring in disbelief. "Grandpa are you okay?" Sarah rushed over to help him up being followed by Harold. If I ever see that blasted vixen again I will make sure it doesn't steal someone elses food. Sarah knew she had lost her roasted ham but didn't know why the animal didn't leave them alone. She had always thought vixen were afraid of people. She remembered that hobbits didn't really look like grown men, instead they could be taken as children. Now I wish I hadn't of decided to come on this journey. We should have stayed at home.

After they had helped Fordogrim up she placed her hand over the necklace. It had been a long time since she was given something so beautiful. Sarah loved it and knew that she should find something for Harold but she didn't know what to give her dear husband. "It seems that we won't be having the chicken for later. I spent so much time cooking it too." Sarah wanted to fall down into tears, but she didn't. It was only a chicken, don't worry about it. There will be other chickens at another time. Her hard work was taken away from her so fast. Sarah walked back to the cart to see what else might be missing. Everything was there. The chickens were still clucking and everything else was in order it appeared.

"So friends it seems that you get to stay a little longer. That vixen was about to carry you away too. We have Grandpa Chubb to thank for that. Yes that dirty mean vixen was going to take you away and eat you." Sarah thought she saw the chickens eyes grow bigger but decided that she was just seeing things. Sarah turned around to face her family, everyone was there except Henry. Everything was better until the vixen came into the picture. Sarah began to slowly walk back over to where her family was at. Grandpa was talking about how he could have gotten the vixen. May it seemed was fascinated by the excuses of why he missed. Sarah giggled and sat down to finish what little food she had left on her plate. This meal isn't as grand as the others I have prepared. Lets just hope the journey is over quickly and we don't encounter anothe vixen.