View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 01:11 AM   #115
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Firstly, Formy, you need to edit your post now that Boromir has editted his. Our talk with Bearugard now takes place in his chambers, not Hyarmanwe's. I think that only means editting about one paragraph.
I'll get to that ASAP.

Quote:
Second on my agenda is that we (Me, Form, Boro) should probably plan posts with one another before we write them up. This means the tale can be told more quickly, and with less repetition of events to fill in emotions, motives, etc. I'm basically proposing allowing other people to fill in the viewpoint of your character, with your approval, by organising it beforehand. This applies as long as we're all interacting on a high frequency basis. What do you guys think?
Sounds wise enough to me... Repeating everything that you and/or Boromir said was tedious, but seemed a bit necessary.

Quote:
Form, what does Hyar- mean? My wordlists indicate that your name means either "plough-Manwe" or "cleave-Manwe," both of which seem a little sacreligious both for you and for your character.
It's "Hyarmen", not "Hyarman". It's a bit of a play on myself, though you'd have to be me to get it. Elsewhere, I've had to use Formenwë in place of Formendacil due to character constraints. Basically, Formenwë means North-person (in Quenya) as opposed to Formendacil, North-Victor. Hyarmen is the opposite of Formen, meaning south. As evidence, I present Hyarmendacil I and Hyarmendacil II, Kings of Gondor. Hyarmenwë, therefore, is South-person.