View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 03:27 PM   #134
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"Where is Iari?

Kéni sat up in his bed. He was so angry and frustrated with his grandfather he hadn't thought to check on Iari. He threw a cloak over his shoulders. "She was fast asleep when I left!"

"Where do you think you're going?" Kénan growled.

"I'm going out to find Iari. You can be the one to stay behind this time!" Kéni knew he would receive the business end of his grandfather's belt again, but he was more concerned about Iari.

He ran out of the house, not waiting to see how Kénan would stop him. "IARI!" He cried as she hurried along. No doubt his voice was waking those who had tried to get some shut eye after the day's events, but he cared not. "IARI! Where are you?" Hot tears were starting to sting his eyes. He couldn't live alone with Kénan.

Kéni banished all thoughts of death and despair. The orc armies weren't roaming the streets and Iari wouldn't have wondered far. But he couldn't completely banish those thoughts. His sister was his life. "IARI!"

"Kéni?" He breathed an immense sigh of relief upon hearing her little voice in the shadows. Iari came out from the shadows near the weaponsmith's.

"Where were you?" Kéni pulled her into a bone crushing hug. "Where were you?"

"I didn't want to be alone so I went to find someone who would let me stay with them."

"You're going to catch it from Grandfather." Kéni finally realeased his sister. He took her by the hand. He knew they were going to get it from Kénan, but perhaps he could shield her from the worst of the yelling.

Last edited by Kitanna; 03-10-2009 at 06:00 PM.