View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 10:15 AM   #21
Lotrelf
Shade of Carn Dûm

Lotrelf has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
The Eagle thing is a legitimate proposition, and was originally proposed (I believe) by genuine people asking genuine questions. If the Eagles could help Gandalf at Orthanc and Moria, if they could even come to Mordor later on - was it really so hard for them to carry Frodo to Mount Doom right away? Not much trouble for them, evidently, but a lot less for the Ringbearer. It's a legitimate question, and bottomline answer is that you need a story in between. But it shows up so much that it became a sort of running joke in the LOTR community. There's a reason a Robotic Machine didn't really make it there.
Didn't I say the story would be full of plot holes then? Eagles are powerful; are they free of temptation? Boromir was tempted, and so would be other powerful people too. Eagles would be spotted in the air soon. Frodo and Sam had to HIDE from the eye, how could Eagles get past with that? How would they(others) distract The Eye and for how long is it possible? Souron would use his full power and energy in capturing Eagles and thus Ring. May be I'm wrong. Is it possible?