View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 03:29 PM   #442
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imladris View Post
This is probably stupid of me but there are too many pages to weed through to find my answer:

Who is Avarien?

And, I've been wanting to ask this for a very long time now (ever since mark said she could not be involved with the rp) but I didn't want to be a wet blanket: would it be wise and fruitful to the story to continue without mark12_30?
Very astute questions, all of them.

Avarien is apparently an Elvish woman Helen dreamed up who, as the name suggests, was "Unwilling, a Refuser". She refused to go over the Sea with Amroth and his kindred; so unlike Nimrodel, who wanted to but tragedy overcame her desire, Avarien is one who refused to go and may have hindered Nimrodel. So the sense from Helen, I believe, is that Avarien is guilty of having hindered Nimrodel from following Amroth, and is now very sorry for it, and is now willing to make amends in whatever way she can. I don't know if Avarien's féa is in Mellonin after years spent in the Halls of Mandos, or not. I'm not sure Helen had that worked out.

That Helen posted tells me that she still cares about it enough to follow it if she can't find time to post. That she made no comment to accompany her post tells me that she really is short of time. No wonder, with a family that has doubled in size (from just the two of them to 4, the additions being 2 very, very active young Russian boys who keep them very busy).

That Helen posted at all, and without comment, suggests to me that she is willing to let us make decisions we deem appropriate in order to write the story the best way we know how, in order to achieve the ultimate plot goal. Sometimes that means leaving characters behind that are no longer useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Hey Elempi, feel free to answer me on here or via PM, but do you have any ideas/requests for the save that is possibly more likely to be filled tomorrow than today, due simply to how much homework I have?
Only that if you can think up some deviously evil thing that Tharonwë might do to hinder, injure, maim, or otherwise be nasty, to various and sundry members of the party, be my guest, because so far I haven't thought of anything.