View Single Post
Old 10-13-2002, 10:20 AM   #206
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Co7A POST

"Opal." the Loremaster sighed. "Do not forget that when our people first came west, we walked hand in hand with the House of Beor. Our legends abound with tales of Andreth and Beren. Be careful. Do not judge the behavior of all men on the basis of a few." Opal nodded, but still looked hesitant.

Loremaster waited a few more moments to be certain all the questions had ended. Then he turned to Piosenniel. "Will you help me with this?" He pointed to a large gilt sarcophagus that stood on a stone pedestal near the wall.

Tuka handed Piosenniel the crowbar. She slowly pried the lid open so that Phura and Gamba could push it aside. Inside there appeared a royal face and form as fresh as the morning light. The figure was male and arrayed with a number of weapons of fine Elven design. Most were too large and heavy for hobbits. In the king's left hand, however, a small dagger sat. Gamba reached out and slid his finger along the edge of the blade. It was as sharp as the day it was crafted. He yearned to take the blade and strap it at his side.

Loremaster explained to the Elf. "There are at least ten or twelve coffins which hold such weapons. Ancalimon told my teacher of this secret passage the first day the hobbits came to these tombs. It was the last time that we saw him." An edge of sadness crept into his voice.

"We need to continue with our planning. Phura, can you give us a report of the weapons?"

[ October 13, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]