View Single Post
Old 10-20-2002, 07:33 PM   #239
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Then Cami stepped back and smiled. “I am proud of you, Cousin Rose. I confess that, when you first came to me, I thought things would never work out. We were just too different! I, with my nose in a book half the day, and you, running about and climbing trees, sticking your nose in this venture or that. Believe me; I’d never seen a hobbit lass take such a shining to swordplay. More than once, I thought we’d drive each other to some crazy end.”

“Since then, you’ve taught me a lesson or two. You’ve taught me spunkiness and loyalty and how to have fun. And there’s few who can match you in never giving up. No one could ask for a better pupil or friend. And how you managed to find out my plans in Beleriand, I’ll never know. But I couldn’t have made it through without you there. ”

“Rose, you are the daughter I never had, but always wished for. You have a very special place in my heart. I would be honored to travel together and work towards building a home, whether in the Shire or some other green land.”

Then Cami told Rose how she must take care in the tombs and during the rescue, since they both hoped to come through alive. She must fight with as much fierceness and resolve as she dared, but not do anything too reckless. Rose laughed with the assurance of the young, and promised to heed Cami’s warning.

[ October 22, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]