View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 06:36 PM   #43
Beanamir of Gondor
Shade of Carn Dûm

Beanamir of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
It may be that I'm slightly deranged, but it's these very things that stir me, get me disturbed and riled up that really hits home. As it's my personality to not be ignorant or shy away from reality and to live in this contained, 'safe,' fantasy.
I completely agree. Also, sometimes when part of a film (huge creepy spiders, fathers burning their sons alive, a wizard being impaled on a waterwheel) is particularly revolting or disturbing, people are drawn to it. If I may use a cliche, it's like moths drawn to a lightbulb. It's so joltingly different that you can't stop watching it, like The Boondock Saints or Pulp Fiction. In the words of my grandmother, "Oh, the beginning of it was so awful, I could hardly watch it... and it was just as bad all the way to the end!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansun
Personally, I don't think the Arwen character was beautiful enough to play the part.
Well, I thought she was lovely compared to the mud-encrusted, straggly-haired Strider we see at Bree and Weathertop. Maybe the comparison in cleanliness was what made me jump to conclusions.

"I only lent you my body; you lent me your dream."
Beanamir of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote