View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Admin Thread--WW XXXIII - Other Minds and Hands

This will be a relatively basic game, with a couple of twists...

It's the year 2020, and we, the slightly more mature ghouls of the Downs, have come together with a noble purpose; to remake The Lord of The Rings as it should have been. Tom Bombadil and the Barrowdowns will recieve a full hour of screen time; the Scouring of the Shire another. There will be no lemming hyenas or psychadelic Galadriels; Gimli will remain deadly serious at all times, and Orlando Bloom...well, he's playing an elderly man of Rohan who is simultaneously impaled, beheaded and incinerated in the battle of Helm's deep.
Needless to say, this 30 hour epic will not be cheap to film; but we're in luck; the resourceful Volo has discovered a studio which is offering a 98% discount in the wake of certain...interesting events...which occurred during the filming of "An American Werewolf in Hamburg" last year.
We, being (for the most part) not superstitious, and (for the other part) trusting in the benevolent spirit of Professor Tolkien to protect us, have booked said studio and are scheduled to commence filming on May 14th (or later, if we're still too few).

I'm open to suggestions on the deadline; whatever is best for the majority of players is good for me.

Tentative roles:
4 wolves, who may or may not have additional attributes
3 unspecified and slightly unique good gifteds
other roles possible [EDIT: probable] depending on how many sign up and how diabolical I feel....

There will be clues in the narrations regarding what roles are included and how they work (but not, of course, the identies of those who hold them!)

Please specify an occupation related to the theme; that is to say, a member of the cast or crew (the actor playing Aragorn, the director, etc.)

Rules:

Everyone must be in invisible mode for the duration of the game.

Failure to post for two days will result in a horrible death at the hands of my ghost.

Please keep all RL explanations to the admin thread.

Dead people may not discuss the game on the admin thread until it's over.

Votes can be retracted once. Vote like this (except you don't have to all vote for Rune! A majority will do. ):
++Rune
and retract a vote thusly:
--Rune

In the event of a tie, there will be a double lynch. In a three - or more - way tie, I will use a randomizer to choose one lynchee from among those who had the most votes.

Role playing is encouraged, but not required; but occupations will ... no doubt ... feature in the narrations.

NIGHT 1 will begin at 7pm BST on Sunday the 13th, and DAY one begins at 7 pm BST on Monday the 14th.

Starring:

Rikae (mod) - CG Animator
Volo - Gollum
Legate - Sound Master/Saruman
Macalaure - The 7th orc in the 3rd row
Boromir88- Sir Boromir, playing Denethor
Mithalwen- Galadriel
Shasta - Legolas' stunt double
Durelin - Special Effects Pyrotechnician
The Saucepan Man- Set Catering Manager
Xyzzy - Young Fanboy
Brinniel- Wacky Foley Artist
Thinlómien- Non-Winged Balrog
The Sixth Wizard- Protester against Dwarven Comic Relief
Anguirel- Celeborn
Kath - Make-up Artist
Gil-Galad - Zombie-Gil-Galad
Aganzir - Smeagol
Rune -Tolkien geek who is estatic about being an Elf extra
Diamond18? - Lady in charge of Wigs and all other False Hairpieces

Last edited by mormegil; 05-14-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote