View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 02:24 PM   #101
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Burzum everywhere

So, I was trying to read everything posted before I did, but it seems like I'm trying to climb to the top of an ever-growing mountain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
PS If you haven't voted me as your representative yet, please do so. Let's make history.
That would be like holding the record for the longest jump on the Moon- totally irrelevant. In fact, let's make it a Day 1 first and totally ignore phantom for a whole Day... well, actually, it's too late for that now that he's been voted in, but we should've.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
TP does his own thing, not very influenced by manipulations - other than his promise not to vote for those he is representing, which doesn't bother me - as I am not a SoE, which lessens the chance of him voting for a true Orc. Since I don't have a chance to really look at people toDay, this is the least risky move I could make, in my mind.
Well, he only made that promise after you voted for him. Innocent mistake or a sneaky Elvish excuse for justifying voting phantom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
If tp was the Undecided Orc, he'd never have decided already. Surely you remember the game where he was Zeus, and killed his own Seer to even out the game? If he were the Undecided Orc, he would not decided instantly to align himself with the SoE, he'd choose whichever side was doing worst at the time when he had to choose.
If he acted (even remotely) consistently (other than attention-seeking, of course), he wouldn't be the phantom. Or of course, he could double bluff and just be hinting to the Sons of Elrond that he's the Undecided so that they don't kill him (yet). Or he could begin pretending to hint to them to save himself. Or... well... there's too many possibilities. We'll just have to see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I must also say, there is one thing - if everybody unisono voted phantom, there will be lot less clues as well.
I agree with you about it being a bad idea, but you can't deny that it would be quite interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Hearts
"Hearts"? What are we, Elves? *Punches playfully in the face*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
And I don't like the fact that we have 48 hours each Day. It tends to make people (myself included of course) lazy instead of enthusiastic to use the extra time for finding wolves.
It's true. People seem to tend to lose steam about half way through the second half of the Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Right. Isn't it better to hold off and see what everyone has to say before making such an important decision? And actually, we aren't bound to voting anyone for rep, I don't think, even though it's a power we should exercise. If one doesn't have time to wait and examine everyone before voting though, I think not voting is the better option, as long as one has a very good excuse for not doing so.
Definitely. This makes Inzil look good. Though, on the other hand, few votes means that the Elves can monopolise the voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Wolves? They're our friends!
Have you ever spoken to an angry wolf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Well there's half of the SoE right there. That's a clear hint. Clear.
It would be quite funny if they were just playing with us like that, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
I agree with this, yet at the same time, it gives people more of a chance to vote thus eliminating the "I didn't have time to vote" excuse. If this ever happens, then we at least have something to look at.
Really? We just get 24 hours as usual. Of course, the "I didn't have time to read the thread so I won't comment at all" excuse is more likely to disappear.

Also, an interesting thing would be to see what happens if the Undecided becomes a Rep toDay... er... toOrcWakingCycle.