View Single Post
Old 06-04-2001, 02:44 PM   #60
GandaIf The White
Shade of Carn Dûm

GandaIf The White has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Well, whatever happens, they are not only taking out Tom, but changing the story in other ways in the same moment. I am guessing that Frodo will now think of some way to get Pippin and Merry out of Old Man Willow, if that scene happens at all. And, Im also guessing that Merry and Pippin will find there swords as they come by the cave of the Trolls. Tom will be left out of the discussion at The Council. And Gandalfs reason for leaving the Hobbits will simply be that he is not responsible for the Middle Earth any more, now that the Third Age is over.<br> <br> Yet, if they do get caught by the Wights, I think that it will be Frodos part in the Movie to save them somehow. I think they want Frodo to look courageous, because besides carrying the Ring, all he ever does is stab the Orc Cheiftan in Moria (Not much in the eyes of Movie Go'ers who have not read LOTR). I guess that is the way it has to be.. this movie is not here to please the people who are really into Tolkien, but to earn money. You have to be happy you are getting a Movie at all, though I can say that I would be happy if I only read the books my whole life.<br> <br> Tom seems like a minor character in the whole story. It was just a bad choice made by them of which scenes to cut to save time. <p>"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."</p>
GandaIf The White is offline   Reply With Quote