View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 02:22 PM   #121
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Here's the bio for my character... I hope it isn't too sparse on the details! I'll put my first post up within the next few days.

Character Description Form:

1.) Have you ever played in an RPG at the Barrow Downs? ? YES - The Long Winter, The Hobbit's Gift, Holiday in the Sun (an exceedingly small cameo role), In the Shadow of the Star, Corsairs and Corsets, Breelanders All!, The Hills of Evendim, Farmer in the Dale, Sailing Away

2.) How many RPG?s on the Barrow Downs are you currently involved in? 2

List them, please:

Shadow of the West (Rohan), and Friends of Nimrodel (Gondor)... both, I believe, are drawing to a close

3.) Have you posted in The Green Dragon Inn ? YES

Nurumaiel's character

NAME: Erinlaer

AGE: an Elf age... say perhaps somewhere past one thousand

RACE: Elf of Eregion

WEAPONS: Erinlaer carries no weapon, and has never been trained to use a weapon, but no doubt she would be able to use one sufficiently if the need
arose.

APPEARANCE: Tall, slender, after the fashion of Elves. Long, dark, silky hair, again after the fashion of Elves. And, once more after the fashion of Elves, grey eyes and fair skin. She has a very light and graceful bearing, more than is usual for her people. She walks about in a way that is almost a dance, and seems constantly to have a sweet melody in her head that she must move with. The expression constantly on her face is very innocent and sweet, almost childish.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Erinlaer is not a dreamer in the strictest sense, but she does have a certain atmosphere of dreams about her. She views all the world in a rosy light, and she disbelieves the existence of evil, not as a willfull choice, but simply because the thought never occured to her. Her mother deplores her naiveness, and her father is delighted with her innocence.

She may constantly be found playing at her harp and humming. She seems to live in a world of light and song, which, though charming to new acquaintances, keeps her from what duties she might have, even the duty of being a joy and affectionate to her parents, though she loves them dearly.

Briefly, to some she is considered sweet, charming, and innocent, and to others she is considered absent-minded, excessively dreamy, and rather simple.

HISTORY: Erinlaer was born to a rather poetic father and a rather common-sense mother. Her father had been renowned for his skill at music and song, but though he was a good husband and father he had the capability of frustrating his wife with his inability at times to look gravely upon the hardness of life and set his hands to hard labour. Music and story was his delight, and he raised his daughter to have a great appreciation for it.

As she grew older her mother searched for and found one who would make a suitable husband for her... a fairly well-off, strong Elf who would appeal to her light-heartedness and innocence by his easy-coming laughter and nobility of heart and mind, but also one who would be a good provider for her by his lack of absent-mindedness. Heledharm himself fell deep in love with her, and she with him, and it was not long before they were wed.

It has not been many years now since their marriage, and they are quite content with their lives, she happy to wile away the hours playing upon her harp, and he more than content to overlook the occasional slips in the housekeeping for the sake of seeing the innocent joy shining in her eyes as she sings.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nurumaiel's post

Erinlaer touched a few strings on her harp and the beginning of a haunting tune drifted to her ears. Her eyes brightened keenly, and then softened and gazed absently off into the distance. She kicked her feet very gently back and forth, but aside from that she was motionless. In every respect she seemed to be entirely in another world, one that held nothing but the music she played.

A tall, smiling Elf entered the room and looked fondly at her. She did not even notice him, so he sat down to watch her. Very softly she began to hum, and then she sprang lightly to her feet and began to dance about the room in a very sweet, childlike way. It was not until she tripped on his foot that she became aware of his presence. Her face lit up and she laughed rather shamefacedly.

"I didn't see you, Heledharm," she said simply.

"I came to tell you that your mother intends to visit us," he said. "Your father, too, but this evening. He wants to hear you play and sing."

"And I wish the same of him," she said. "We shall have to play and sing together." She ran her fingers lightly over the well-crafted wood of her harp and smiled gently. "I still have much to learn from him," she said gravely. "He can decide what tune he would like to play and then play it. I can merely play according to what is in my heart and mind. I should learn to govern my music better."

"No, no!" cried Heledharm. "Play as you always have."

A radiant smile swept over her features. "Very well!" she said. "If you wish it."

He could not explain to her how much her music touched him. The quietness or the swell of her emotions translating easily into melody was, he felt, a rare gift, and he would not want her to unlearn it. The light, merry tunes as she skipped happily here and there... the tears that were spilled in music... and the times when she would sit by his side, playing a melody of peace and contentment, that turned to a sweet unswaying love when her eyes fixed on him. He would not have her unlearn that.

"When is mother coming?" she asked, setting her harp down upon the table. "I should be sure that everything is neat and well-ordered before she arrives." She bent down and inspected severely a little stain on the floor. "I fear very much that I've neglected the house these past few days," she said with a sigh. "I hope you have not been bothered much by it." She looked regretfully into his face, and then began to dance from the room. "Never mind!" she said. "In a few minutes everything will be set proper. Mother shan't find fault when she arrives."

And not too long after there was not much fault to be found, for she had danced hither and thither and, though she had gazed several times longingly at her harp, she had set her face grimly and dutifully cleaned house. And once again she was sitting atop the table, singing light and merry.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Nurumaiel; 07-13-2005 at 04:14 PM.