View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 02:01 PM   #529
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Yay. I got off work early and have an extra 10-15 minutes before I have to run off to my next obligation.

Of course, it does me little good seeing as my vote is gone and I don't have time to debate.

All I can say is this- the both of you are doing an amazing job at sounding/acting convincingly innocent. There are three things that could be happening.
1) Mith is the WW and she is doing a great job of swaying SPM to vote for me rather than her.
2) SPM is the WW and he is not content to follow my vote for Mith, but instead wants to lynch me for the thrill of it, or better yet to leave it to a random coin flip which of us dies (Mith or I) in order to win in the true spirit of this game. To be honest, if I was the WW that is precisely what I would do. I would not just tack my vote on to someone else. I'd try to get both people to vote wrong. It would be the ultimate victory.
3) We're all innocent and Fea is laughing her head off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
Just pondering the phantom's comments about the way he has played this game and how he would never have acted as the Wolf has in this game, nor made the choices of Nightly victims made by this Wolf.

This seems to me to be a reasonable point well made. Yet, I can well imagine a Wolfish phantom, in this particular game (being one of Fea's obvious choices for Wolf), adopting a completely novel approach, in order to throw a village full of people he has played with before and who know his ways off his trail.
For an answer to this, you simply must think of what sort of person I am.

Would the phantom be content to win not playing as the phantom?

Just answer that question and you will know if I am innocent or WW.

I've already said what I am, of course. You just need to decide if you trust it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
He has, throughout, given the impression that he is inclined to trust me, more often than not included me on his list of people for whom he would not be voting, and has generally seemed quite eager that I trust him.
When I was the Seer in WW IX who is the first person I dreamed of? You.

You may think of us as rivals, SPM, but if we are, I certainly wouldn't categorize us as "bitter rivals". Those sorts are always out for blood. I am not, and I don't think you are either. We like the prospect of trusting each other, for it means we can each trust the words of the other. The simple fact is, whether I am innocent, WW, or gifted, I like to know where you stand. And if you are innocent or at least acting very innocent, I am willing to go out on a limb and take a bit of a risk to trust you.

Particularly in this village. I figured that simple odds were that you weren't a WW, so I figured early on "What the heck- I'll try my best to trust SPM. Might as well."

So there's your explanation. But naturally if you are the WW that is completely meaningless, and you're going to continue to keep me under the gun and hope that Mith will vote for me thus sealing your triumph over your "rival".

(for those of you watching this final day as it unfolds, you can be certain of this- if SPM leaves it to chance or votes to kill me, he is most definitely the WW, I know for a fact that an innocent SPM would not vote for me, his gut and head would not lead him astray)