View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 02:20 AM   #83
Marwhini
Wight

Marwhini has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Marhwini, I find it encouraging to see that you've laid off Capitalising Things.

Now look, you speak constantly of SCIENCE! and allude frequently to having an academic background of some kind, yet, as I've said earlier, it seems to me that you have a deep emotional attachment to your project such that you are unable to evaluate it, or even discuss it, in a manner which remotely approaches being "scientific". For you, there can be no discussion: your ideas must be right, and so you assume anyone who disagrees is simply ignorant and unable to understand what you're saying, and therefore in need of "correction". It seems to me, further, that you are reading at most a few lines of others' posting, before responding with your walls of text + wiki links + equations, whereas a closer examination might reveal to you that we understand perfectly well what you're getting at. We just think you're wrong. Your inability to accept this is what's causing you to come across to many as arrogant and insulting, even though I'm sure that's not your intention.

One thing I am curious about, though- and forgive me if this is something you've explained already- what do you ultimately intend to do with your project? Do you intend to publish it in book form? As an article? Or what?

OK.... If you think this "idea" so insane....

In one sentence describe to me what the idea is.

I can.

Or, if you cannot do it in one sentence.... How about just ANY description of what I am talking about that actually IS what I am talking about, and not something that you THINK I am talking about.

Because if you cannot even accurately describe the goal, how is it that you can know what is right/wrong with it?

MB
Marwhini is offline   Reply With Quote