Thread: Rohan
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #13
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryman3 View Post
In my previous post, I did not give any clues as to the contents of my story, or the nature of the concepts in it. As soon as I recieve a reply, I will be happy to discuss what I have written so far. Just to give an indication of how you may like it, my family all think it is excellent (although they would probably have said that anyway if it was terrible), but I have tried to stay true to the grammar and style of Tolkien, as well as the lore of Middle Earth. I have also not used any finished ideas, leaving them finished. I am using ideas that Tolkien left 'open' and only partially explored.
Yes, it is against copyright. No, Christopher Tolkien will never grant you approval. Never. Ever. What you are writing is called "fan-fiction" and the Internet is filled with it. Thousands upon thousands of stories, novellas and novels. Some are good, but most are not fit to line a bird cage.

FanFiction.net has over 46,000 such offerings, and none of it can be published: Lord of the Rings Stories Index

Post your story there, and perhaps get it reviewed by other fans. Otherwise, think of something original to write. Because, chances are, your plot has already been written ten times over.

Last edited by Morthoron; 07-24-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Morthoron is offline   Reply With Quote