Thread: FOTR - sh*te
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2002, 05:20 AM   #20
Eowyn of Ithilien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn of Ithilien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

woahhhhh ok now for my two bits worth *shrug*<BR>as a movie it's good<BR>as LOTR-I think what I most objected to is probably Gimli. He looks like a blundering dwarf with few reedeeming points-where's his reverence of Galadriel??? and his true bravery, not just looking silly standing on Balin's tomb swinging an axe!<BR>the scenery and special effects were excellent<BR>loved legolas hated the way that Aragorn was just ughhhh they gave half of what is wonderful about him to Arwen (her little speech about they can't hurt us blah) as for Arwen herself-and the hobbits look kinda ridiculous altho I think that Frodo is good<BR>Boromir...alright overall I'm just going to say that oversimplification (which they were guilty of) is an incredibly bad idea-he's shown as the stereotypical baddie as the start, and as for Elrond...!
But of bliss and glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song.
Eowyn of Ithilien is offline   Reply With Quote