View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 10:38 AM   #292
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Now what was this?

Dick stood in the doorway leading into the Big People’s wing of the house. His arms were folded as he watched Naren and Tollers crawl about the floor on their hands and knees. He chuckled as Tollers emerged from a near by table, red in the face and apologetic for the sixth time as he explained to one of the customers what was going on.

As funny as it seemed, however, Dick knew it wasn’t good business to be bumping into people while they tried to talk. He walked forward to intercept Tollers’ searching and to ask what it was all about. As he drew near, he saw Naren stop near the hobbit and sit up.

“I’m sorry that you lost your coin,” the man said, “it was really my mistake, for that I have to help. But it would be helpful if you could describe this coin somehow…or I could just replace it. People have to pay for their mistakes and I will do that, if you wish.”

Dick stopped a few paces away, wondering. A coin? Where had Tollers acquired a coin? And why was it causing him to crawl over every foot of the common room to search for it? He looked towards Tollers, wondering what his answer to Naren would be.