Thread: ATM II RPG
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 06:03 AM   #317
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
There were many unpleasant places in Middle-earth: the Dead Marshes, Barad-Dur before its fall (or so Panakeia had been told), a little tavern in anakronistic Mordor where men with unruly beards and strange devices drawn upon their arms wore black leather jackets and spoke of something called a Harr-Lee.

Panakeia would have preferred any of them to her present location. She had been standing in the midst of the battle, irritated by the absurdity of her companions. To start, Alli and company (Panakeia had not seen who was with the head spy) had slipped out a back door before she even had a chance to say hello. In Ego Toyota was continually shouting his name and announcing his fencing strategies to his opponents, giving them time to create a defense against his attack. The Blue Istari had mysteriously eschewed their usual colors for drab brown. And worst of all, Elempí was hiding under a rock with Lûgnût. Undoubtedly, under a rock was the safest place to be in all the mêlée, but oh! Wouldn't Anakron have been at the head of the battle putting these purple riders and whatever else turned up in their places, all the while with his black robes fluttering magnificently in the breeze?

A volley of flaming Crêpes Suzette flew at Panakeia's head, and Elempí snatched her hand to pull her behind the rock. There was an odd smile on his face.

Panakeia sighed. This was all still terribly confusing. Anakron. Elempí. They were one, and yet so different. Anakron had, of course, been her One True Love. But he was gone forever, replaced by his grinning alter-ego.

The battle grew. Arrows began to land around the stone and an ominous brown light flashed all around.

She had to tell him. Now. Before it was too late.

"Elempí...I...I..." Words failed her.

"What's the matter?"

"I...You asked me before if I was glad to see you." She looked down at the ground. "The answer is...Oh, Elempí! How could I be anything but glad to see you? It was you I loved all the time - you were the part of Anakron I always struggled to bring out. I don't know if we'll ever make it out of here, but I wanted you to know that. I love you."

Last edited by Celuien; 04-22-2007 at 09:47 AM.