View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 09:42 AM   #69
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
On a serious note, please don't be impatient with me...
Okay. You could tell a little, couldn't you....

Quote:
I understand that the dreams are real. That was never a problem for me. It's not a traditional dream so much as a medium through which a living story can be viewed. Am I right?
I think so, if I understand your meaning.

Quote:
What worries me, it appears, is not that Roy is dreaming this, but how it will be revealed that he is. Will it be explained to the readers as clearly as it has been to us that this is all real, or will they walk away from the story feeling cheated of the reality they have let their imaginations create?
This is a valid concern. Thanks for expressing it. As you suggest, it's all in the telling/showing that this will work or not. I assure you that I'll do my best to make this clear by the end of the story. I actually do hate the "and he woke up" ending too. So don't worry about that. I'm actually looking forward to writing that ending because I think it'll be very special. Not that I want to rush us to it, by any means!

EDIT: Oh, and Formy, if you take a close look at the swamp lembas post, you'll see that it was the swamp elf who could tell the difference while the human ate it up quite happily. Perhaps I should have made it more plain that Raefindan thought it was wonderful. I hope I implied it, at any rate. Even if I didn't, it'll be changed in the published version.