View Single Post
Old 12-21-2002, 04:28 PM   #45
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

I went to the movies with all expectations of things not being in their right place and certain variations and yadda, yadda, yadda.<P>I too am quite disappointed by the Downers general lack of enthusiasm. It appears that we have been segregated into three parts. The part who disliked the movie. The part who sort of liked it but were still rather unhappy with Jackson. And the part who loved it.<P>People, we still have the books. I always, and I mean ALWAYS, knew that the movies would not be as good as the books. You simply cannot argue against that. However, how many Downers are there?......that's not rhetorical, I really don't know. But the point is that each one of us (well, most of us) had a different vision of Middle-Earth before we saw the films. Hell, some of you didn't like Boromir in the books. (Not me, I loved that guy!)<P>Take a relaxed approach to the films, realise the difference, don't take them as seriously as you take the books. That's what I did, and I love the movies.<P>Count me in as a new member of this club. You guys rock!