View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 08:41 AM   #5
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
[FONT=&quot]D'you remember old Ufthak? We lost him for days. Then we found him in a corner; hanging up he was, but he was wide awake and glaring. How we laughed! She'd forgotten him, maybe, but we didn't touch him-no good interfering with Her. [/FONT]
This in a way proves that other Orcs were not ready to risk anything to save their kind and this probably goes for the majority of Orcs.

Although I must accept that there were some exceptions I doubt that a truly peaceful co-existence of Orcs was possible.

Look in our own world. In some countries democracy works out just fine due to our culture and our education and to the values we have learned from our parents. In others it simply doesn't.
Same goes for M-e in my opinion.
Hobbits due to their kind and peaceful nature are perfectly well off with their simple system.
Orcs on the other hand need a strong person to lead them, a military dictatorship like the rule of Azog or of the Great Goblin.
Of course there might be free thinkers within these societies but I doubt it would ever be possible for them to overthrow the existing rule and create a free orc state.