View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 04:31 AM   #214
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
First off, I'm pretty a bit worried with the situation. 13 people, of who three are wolves. Not very bad for us yet, but as wolves get two kills per night and we keep lynching innocents, we might find ourselves dead sooner than we anticipated. As soon as we've got rid of one lycanthrope, we can take this easier: our doom will approach much more slowly, and in principle the numbers are in our side. (Original 19 players, which of innocents 16 and wolves 3; basicly pretty easy ww-situation for the good guys.)

Secondly, though last day there was plenty of talk, I still encourage people to speak up. I'd especially like to hear more from Eomer and Gil-Galad.

(You might notice I have an obsession to keep repeating what Roa_Aoife and Nogrod say, but she's killed and he's modding, so someone must keep reminding about these things. )

~*~

I agree with those who say Roa was killed because of her skills as a ww-player. Her powers of analysis are well known. Also, it occured to me, that she was pretty vocal, and she usually gets even more vocal when the game proceeds and that might be a little add to the reasons to kill her - for some persons. I know there are people (morm for example), who dislike reading hordes of pages of ww and to whose killing an analytical and intelligent villager who tends to have pretty much power in the village and who floods the thread. Who knows.

Mac then. Well, he's known to be an intelligent and helpful villager too. And he's also something who could be called a "secondary intellect" (forgive me for the choice of words ) and thus the wolves might have expected him to be less probably protected (being less obvious wolf kill) and thus just he's dead. It also might be that the villagers normally considered "great players" are wolves and they're trying to kill intelligent people who are not easily lead/deceived out of the way. For such a kill Mac is ideal.

It also might have been that Mac and/or Roa were killed because of their opinions. The wolves might want to eliminate the villagers who don't think the way they do or who suspect them to silence them. And then there's the possibility of a frame-up (though there's no seer in the game), of course. Now that I've gone through all the possible reasons that come to my mind, I can conclude that the first ones I came up with both of the dead separately are the ones I believe in. Thus I also conclude, that we shouldn't dwell on their deaths anymore (haha, I'm well aware of showing you bad example myself), before there's been more kills and we can see a pattern, if there's one.

~*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
The word I would use to describe her [Lommy] is “happy” – or maybe “light-hearted” would be better…
I bet that's only because the over-abusing of smilies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Kath - Always makes me vaguely uneasy; I'm beginning to think it's just her style.
Believe me, it well might be. I feel just the same!

~*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ff
The one thing that struck me about him was that he was the first one to really go after Volo and was the first one to vote for him (at a time when numerous other people had votes), but as the Day drew to a close, he backed off of this suspicion. This to me seems very much like a wolf, basically fobbing his vote off on an innocent (who did, admittedly, appear very wolvish) whom he figured would not be lynched. He’s definitely on my more suspicious list.
That is well perceived, and I agree it seems a bit fishy... *adds Ang to the "to be watched" category*

Durelin
seems pretty quick to attack Rikae. It makes me feel uneasy about her. When little suspicion for Rikae appears, she's eager to jump on and bring up new points against her. Of course an innocent with some existing suspicions would get extra boost from others agreeing with her, but Durelin's a bit too uncautious...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae, about Ang's views in an analysis
b) Voting for “a random person, probably Durelin” is a contradiction. [But is it really? Random just means he chose for no real reason; it doesn't mean he didn't choose yet. Actually, choosing early makes it more likely to be random.]
There's two possibilities to define "random vote" in ww, and it always makes people confused. The first is that it's random, you cast dic etc. The second way to make a "random" vote is to choose someone for a stupid or intentionally unreasonable reason, for example "I don't like her occupation" or "he got me killed in the last game" or "he's Nilp" or "she used the word 'pancake' ". Volo apparently meant the latter one, and Anguirel understood "random vote" to mean the previous one and that's why he attacked him. Or that's how I see the situation.

I'm inclined to believe Boro's claim for a few days. Ruling someone partly out from the suspect list really helps, a bluff like that would be a bit too bold (maybe) and I trust my gut feeling. Last autumn, Boro was twice or thrice a wolf and everytime I got vague "bad feelings" about him, and that didn't happen when he was innocent. I'm not getting "bad feelings" from him right now, so I'm inclined to concentrate on other people for now.

EDIT: xed with Mith
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote