View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 12:25 PM   #32
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Saruman would have a rap band established in Eriador called the 'Cock-o-whoops', with their hit ruffian single, 'Swagger It.' I can actually envision that, as scary as it is. The Hobbits would simply be jazz fanatics. Really jazzy jazz, that is. They seem like wild, brightly colored individuals (I mean that figuratively, of course). Maybe swing of some sort, or a bizarre variety of Swazz...or Jing...Swazz & Jing, it's the new thing! Elves, a lighter, gentler musical association. Probably Hadyn or Bach, some subtle classical music, or maybe choral pieces. I dunno. Orcs are the heavy/death/pain/hard/non-ergonomic metal music, without a doubt. That's why they've got all those bloody piercings, dontcha know. And, dubiously, the Dwarves would be bagpipers. Operatic music, choral music, and those old fashioned ballads (menstrelian) would be very popular among all Middle-Earth's people.

Of course, everyone knows that the Ainu are actually a Blues Band. I think they were 'The Illuvatar Experience' or something. I have a very clear picture of Eru blowing a pitch pipe, followed soon after by a giant golden saxaphone, accompanied the bass melodies of Mandos the Moody and the sultry soprano of Nienna. Manwe on percussion, obviously, and Melkor as a brooding background singer.

And, finally, all orcs on Middle-Earth are in a single, all-encompassing band. Thus, an Orc-chestra. That's Grishnakh on the harp, Ugluk on drums, Lagduf on flute/reed instruments, Shagrat on strings, and Radbug on the ol' pianer.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Kransha is offline   Reply With Quote