View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 02:02 AM   #679
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I do agree with Rikae and yourself that being able to listen to your compositions played with real instruments would be great. That MIDI-sound is just plain awful at worst and being just a lot less than the real thing at best (the harp wasn't so bad).

The pics you had there reminded me of the old Deutsche Grammophone records... especially those with the yellow lines around the picture.

This is surely a matter of taste and I listened to only a small sample of your works - and this might even be a matter of principle to you - but I'll say it still. Don't be afraid of dissonance! Try it and you'll like it!

Think of some of the great modern composers like Pärt or Rautavaara who make the most astonishingly beautiful music where the beauty is enhanced or heightened to a new level with a creative use of dissonance.

But hats off to you. I really liked what I heard.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote